COVID-19 Snapshot Analysis
Recorded at 1:50pm PST
Deltas are since late August
Global cases: 49.1M (Δ 25.6M or 152%)
Global deaths: 1.24M (Δ 430K or 134%)
Global case-fatality ratio: 2.5%
US cases: 9.69M (Δ 3.96M or 140%)
US deaths: 236K (Δ 59K or 125%)
US case-fatality ratio: 2.4%
Percentage of US population infected: 2.9% (roughly 1 in 34)
- The pandemic has curved up sharply since late September, both globally and in the US.
- The world recorded nearly 600M new cases on November 4th.
- The US recorded 125K new cases on November 5th.
- Lethality has gone down by almost 30%, despite huge outbreak surges.
- Despite the reduction in lethality, COVID-19 is claiming over 1,000 lives in daily in the US, and over 10,000 lives daily worldwide daily.