COVID-19 Snapshot Analysis
Recorded at 11:15am PST
Deltas are since November 6 (18 days ago)
Global cases: 59.5M (Δ 10.4M)
Global deaths: 1.4M (Δ 160K)
Global case-fatality ratio: 2.4%
US cases: 12.4M (Δ 2.71M)
US deaths: 258K (Δ 22K)
US case-fatality ratio: 2.1%
Percentage of US population infected: 3.75% (roughly 1 in 27)
- Globally, the third wave seems to be tapering off. That said, over half a million new cases are reported daily, with the advent of the holiday season upon us.
- More than one fifth of all global cases occurred over the past 18 days.
- More than one fourth of all US cases occurred over the same period.
- In the US, the third wave is far steeper than the rest of the world, with a peak of 196K new cases on 11/20— nearly 30% of the world’s new cases that day.
- On 11/19, COVID-19 claimed over 2,000 lives in the US, and 11,000 worldwide.