COVID-19 Snapshot Analysis
August 24, 2020
Recorded at 2:30pm PST
Deltas are over the past month
Global cases: 23.5M (Δ 8.2M)
Global deaths: 810K (Δ 184K)
Global case-fatality ratio: 3.4%
US cases: 5.73M (Δ 1.73M)
US deaths: 177K (Δ 33K)
US case-fatality ratio: 3.1%
Percentage of US population infected: 1.7% (roughly 1 in 58)
- The outbreak has stopped accelerating globally, and may have hit its peak on August 14th as new cases have trended slightly downward since.
- The US seems to have hit its peak on July 16th, with a steady downward trend in new cases over the past month, barring a spike on August 14th.
- India, Colombia, Spain, Argentina, France, Italy, Iraq, and Ukraine are experiencing renewed outbreaks.
- Canada has observed some recent spikes, which may indicate a renewed outbreak.
- Oregon is stabilizing and appears to be trending downward as well, with frequent spikes.
Data source: Johns Hopkins CSSE ARCGIS global dashboard