COVID-19 Daily Analysis
April 16, 2020
Recorded at 12:45pm PST
Global cases: 2.127M
Global deaths: 141K
Global lethality rate: 6.6%
US cases: 648K
US deaths: 30.9K
US lethality rate: 4.7%
Percentage of US population infected: ~0.19%
US infection index (ratio of infected) is roughly 1 in 510
NYC infection index is roughly 1 in 70
- Global cases continue to accelerate (Δ +80K)
- Global lethality rate continues to climb (Δ +0.1%)
- US cases are climbing linearly (Δ +16K)
- US lethality rate continues to climb (Δ +0.3%)
- Lethality rates continue to climb, both in the US and globally.
- While we can observe some overall, “big picture” leveling, the new case rate is still fluctuating wildly (see charts below).
- Infection indexes are rounded to the nearest 5
- Yesterday’s update was roughly 22.5 hours ago, instead of a full 24. This means the daily deltas are likely larger than recorded here.
Data source: Johns Hopkins CSSE ARCGIS global dashboard